For full details of our Sport Carnival timetables please see…
Our college board is an important group of representatives whose role is to set the direction and long-term future of the college whilst maintaining oversight of the implementation of the college business plan. Members provide additional expertise to help the college achieve the best outcomes for students. The board comprises parent, staff and community representatives. Members of the College Board are elected by the college community.
The responsibilities of the College Board are to:
- Work within the Department of Education’s relevant legislation and regulations;
- Endorse and review the annual budget;
- Assist with the formulation of Codes of Conduct;
- Participate in a review of the performance of the college;
- Provide advice to Principal on religious education and related activities;
- Create interest, within and across the community, about the college;
- Approve fees, charges, contributions and items of personal use (booklists);
- Approve extra cost optional components of programs;
- Approve arrangements for sponsorship or advertising;
- Liaise with other committees within the school e.g. the P & C;
- Hold one open meeting each year to report to the college community.
The College Board does not:
- Manage the day to day running of the college;
- Discuss individual issues relating to teachers, staff or parents– these are the responsibility of the principal;
- Represent specific interest groups, or permit special interests to dominate the agenda of the Board;
- Intervene in the educational instruction of students; or
- Performance manage the Principal or any staff member.