JohnButlerPC_Promo716 (Custom) (2)

Application for Enrolment

Information / Application for Enrolment

We invite parents of students that reside within our Local Intake Area (boundary) to enrol their child at John Butler Primary College.

Parents wishing to enrol a child can download the form below and return it to the office staff at the College.

If your application is successful you will then be asked to complete a Student Enrolment Form at the school. This form is included in a separate package of information.

Please note that the following documents are required in addition to the Application for Enrolment and Student Enrolment Forms:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunisation Records
  • Proof of Address (Water or Land Rates/Lease or Purchase Agreement; a purchase or lease agreement; or WA Driver’s License; or utility bills)

Once the Application for Enrolment form is complete with all attached documentation, it is signed off by the Principal. The parent/guardian will then be contacted to complete the Enrolment process.

It is essential that all of the information on these forms is accurate and current. All medical information needs to be correct at time of enrolment to enable the college to create an emergency response plan if one is required.

It is vital that in an emergency, we are able to reach parents immediately. Should parents be unavailable, the next emergency contact supplied will be called. Therefore it is important that this contact information is kept updated.

Parents of students with special need are asked to contact the college and discuss the needs of their child at Enrolment to ensure the most appropriate program is put in place to meet the needs of their child.

Students born overseas must hold either an Australian passport or appropriate visa before applying to the school. Students who do not hold an Australian passport during the application process must present their passport and visa paperwork at the time of Enrolment.

Overseas or Interstate applicants can be emailed to with scanned copies of the required documents. (Please note originals will be required to be sighted on arrival).

Further information for parents regarding how public schools prioritise and manage student enrolments is available through the Department of Education’s “Schools and You” website.

2021 Enrolments

Application for Enrolment

Application for Enrolment

Student Health Care Summary

Student Health Care Summary

Parent Information Booklet

John Butler Primary College has developed a booklet to assist families to learn about our college’s operations and activities and provides a general overview of the various aspects of college life.

Further information will be available throughout the year via newsletters, college website, College Board and Parents and Citizens Meetings.

Should you have any further queries or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact the college.

To view the John Butler Primary College Parent Information Booklet – please click on the link below.

2021 Parent Booklet under construction. TBC

Student Records

Student Records, Information and Access Rights

We treat students’ welfare as our highest priority, therefore it is important in the case of emergencies that we have the most up to date student and family information.

If there are changes of address, telephone number, emergency contacts or medical details please ensure that the college is notified immediately.

To assist us in keeping these records up to date, please let us know if any of the following details have changed:

  • Parents home phone number
  • Parents mobile phone number
  • Parents work phone number
  • Email address
  • Residential address
  • Emergency contact names and phone numbers
  • Medical details such as allergies
  • Doctor

Parents and carers are advised that the School Education Act obliges parents to inform schools of any Family Court Orders or other orders which are applicable to their children.

A copy of a Family Court Order must be supplied to the college so staff members are aware of family arrangements, restricted access, etc.

Documentation is required otherwise both parents will have equal rights of access.